With Bojo going off the rails and the weather having taken a turn for the worse, we figured the world needed a bit cheering up. So with that in mind, we’ve knocked up another heart busting recipe to brighten up your day, a new take the classic Saveloy Dip.
Being from South Shields, comfort food doesn’t get more local than a saveloy dip from Dickson. The butchers have been around since 1953 and have been knocking out these Northern delights for years. Even though I know they can’t be beaten, it was Michael Jordan who once said…
never say never because limits like fears are often just an illusion
…also I’m a fatty who will deep fry just about anything! So with that in mind, I give you my legacy to the free world, our latest recipe…the Saveloy Dip on a Stick!
Saveloy Dip on a Stick
- 2 Saveloys
- 2 White Bread Buns (Turn to bread crumbs)
- 200 g Pease Pudding
- 200 g Sausage meat stuffing (We used onion)
- 4 tsp English mustard
- 1 side portion Beef gravy
- Get your Saveloys and the pease pudding and start scooping.
- Coat the saveloys in the pease pudding by hand.
- Make a stuffing pancake the same length as the saveloy and twice the width.
- Pop the saveloy in the middle and wrap up the pease pudding parcel nice and tight.
- Take the stuffing coating sausages and add about 2 tsp of English mustard to the outside.
- Coat them in breadcrumbs and rolls to flatten down.
- Deep fry in oil on a high medium heat for 8 minutes, turning regularly to cook evenly (You'll need a big pan!).
- Serve with a pot of your favourite gravy and like the name says...get dipping!
For those of you thank aren’t looking to turn your veins to concrete, you can always try out Dicksons healthier low carb recipe of Pease Pudding Pie!