If you’re looking for something special to impress your guests this holiday season then why not try our Pig in blanket roll!
This special treat includes well-seasoned sausage meat, sealed in crispy smoked bacon wrap, finished off in a golden puff pastry parcel. You can adapt the recipe as you want, adding whichever seasoning you prefer to the sausage meat. I sometimes add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper if I ever want an extra kick.
We tried out Screaming Chimp sauce with our which is an awesome local range of sauces produced in the North East. I’m trying to incorporate local produce is my recipes moving forwards (All of which I have purchased myself) and will only include if I truly believe they’re up to scratch.
So if you’re throwing a party this Christmas, this is certainly one that will keep your guests happy. You can even try sage and onions seasoning if you’re looking for something a little more seasonal.
Pig in blanket roll recipe
- 400 g Sausage meat
- 300 g Streaky bacon 14 Rashers
- 320 g Puff pastry
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Celery salt
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- Layer a tray with smoked streaky bacon and cook at 190°C for 15 minutes
- Mix all of the seasonings with the sausage meat and roll into the width of the bacon tray
- Wrap the sausage meat in bacon and cook at 200°C for 25 minutes
- Wrap the cooked meat in pastry and brush with whisked egg and cook at 190°C for 25 minutes