We’re back with another amazing recipe in collaboration with Dicksons Butchers and this one is our favourite so far!
These delicious pork empanadas are a perfect picnic treat and are fun to make with the family!
We’ve gone for an incredible pork filling, using Dicksons’ sausages, mixed with chilli and coriander, but you can try out anything you like! We’re going to be checking out their chilli and pepper sausages for our next batch!
You can either roll the dough out by hand or buy a tortilla press for around £10, which is great for these, tortillas or flatbread.
This recipe was produced in collaboration with Dicksons butchers in exchange for a £300 donation to the ‘Children North East’ charity. To find out more about the charity, visit:
- 400 g Dicksons’ Pork and leek sausages
- Large white onion sliced
- 20 g Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 Diced red chilli
- 400 g Plain white flour
- 75 g Unsalted butter
- 2 Medium eggs
- 60 ml Water
- Remove the sausage meat from skins and fry for 5 mins. Add the coriander & chilli, fry for 10 mins. Once fried leave to fully cool.
- Mix the flour, butter, 1 egg and water by hand until the dough binds. Split into 12 equal balls.
- Roll the balls into disks on a floured surface. Add the filling to the discs. Add whisked egg to edges, seal and crimp.
- Brush with whisked egg and cook for 20mins at 200°. Perfect for a picnic with dip!