Last time we teamed up, our ham and leek pease pudding pie recipe went down an absolute storm, with over 15,000 video views!
That’s why we’ve decided to go for it again, but this time with one of the most popular Northern pie fillings you can get…pease pudding corned beef pie!
This low carb treat is apparently popular with a certain global slimming club we’ve heard of, with the pease pudding pastry being free of religious transgressions.
The crispy coating is undeniably an amazing answer to a healthier pie alternative and what better to fill it with than a deep dish corned beef centre.
Corned Beef Pease Pudding Pastry Pie
- 1 kg boiled King Edward Potatoes
- 1 large sliced white onion
- 3 x 350g Dicksons’ Pease Pudding
- 2 medium eggs
- 25 g of butter
- 640 g corned beef
- Mix the pease pudding and eggs together into a fine mixture. Add 2/3 to a dish as a pie base and blind bake for 40 minutes.
- Soften the onion on a low heat for 5-8 minutes in butter (or fry light). Mix with boiled potatoes and corned beef.
- Add filling to pie base and cover with remaining pease pudding mix. Bake for 40 minutes.
This recipe was produced in collaboration with Dicksons butchers in exchange for a £300 donation to the ‘Children North East’ charity. To find out more about the charity, visit: