After our recent review of ‘A taste of Holy Island’ recipe book, we were kindly given permission to produce a video of their fantastic Pan Haggerty recipe.
Following our recent social media polls, it’s clear that there’s a big appetite for local recipes. Drop a comment below and let us know what local North East recipes you’d like to see next!
- 25 g Salted butter
- 500 g Thinly sliced potatoes
- 200 g Thinly sliced white onions
- 150 g Grated cheddar
- Garlic salt, Pepper & Thyme leaves To season
- Coat an oven proof pan or dish with the 25g of salted butter
- Separate the ingredients into 3 equal portions
- Layer the pan with a third of the potatoes, followed by a third of the onions and cover with a third of the cheese
- Season the layer with the garlic salt, pepper and thyme leaves
- Repeat 3 times in total
- Place in pre-heated oven at 180°C for 50 minutes