Well, we’re heading back into lockdown! So why not cheer yourself up with some irresistible, gooey salted caramel brownies?
These are the perfect winter treat and go down nicely with a warm cuppa. They have a delectable salted caramel core, drizzled with hot caramel sauce. These are genuinely addicted so you have been warned!
I’ve found Tescos finest salted caramel sauce is perfect for this recipe! 20 seconds in the microwave and it goes lovely and runny to work with or pour ontop. https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/300345916
TIP: These timings work perfectly for me, to get a lovely crisp top and gooey centre. But if you prefer your brownies gooier, drop the cooking time by 3minutes or increase for more of a dryer traybake.
- 100 g Milk chocolate
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- 175 g Unsalted butter
- 3 medium Whisked eggs
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 250 g Salted caramel
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Melt 50g of milk chocolate, 100g of dark chocolate and 175g of butter in a glass bowl over boiling water.
- Remove from heat and mix in three whisked eggs.
- Mix in caster sugar, vanilla extract, and 50g of milk chocolate chopped up.
- Sift in 50g of cocoa powder and 130g of plain flour. Mix well.
- Cook in oven at 180°C on fan setting for 26 minutes, then finish under the grill for a few minutes to crisp the surface.
- Leave to cool on a wire tray for 1 hour before eating.