This is the first in our three-part recipe series with Dicksons butchers, to support our local food bank in South Shields. Read more out how we’re working together here.
Nothing sums up the run up to Christmas more than going to those vegan sausage roll peddlers and grabbing yourself a festive bake. But why splash your Christmas cash there when you can make our festive fake at home!?
These delicious pasties are pretty much Christmas in a parcel and they take next to no time to at all.
All you need to do is create a basic white sauce, slowly mixing together flour, milk, butter, and sage. You then add fried smoked bacon, chicken and stuffing and cook for 5 minutes or so.
Throw the whole lot into some puff pastry and into the oven it goes for 40 minutes. These are so easy to make and a great family activity on the run-up to the holiday season. You can read and print the full recipe below:
- 50 g Dicksons sage & onion stuffing
- 90 g Smoked bacon lardons
- 1 tbsp Cranberry sauce
- 2 Sheets of pre-made puff pastry
- 1 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Grated parmesan
- 140 g Cooked chicken
- 250 ml Milk
- 35 g Butter
- 35 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Dried sage
- 1 Large egg
- Melt the butter in a pan, mix in the flour, then slowly add the milk on a low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon until crispy, then add the stuffing, white sauce, chicken, sage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Quarter the first sheet of pastry, then add the filling to each quarter. Cover with the second sheet, brush with a whisked egg, then sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Crimp the edges with a fork and cook at 180°C for 40 minutes.