Chinese Fried Rice
Tasty rice is sometimes a little hard to come by. Even when I order a takeaway it often includes a small pot of blame white rice with no effort. I get the focus is meant to be the main dish but still! This easy recipe is full of flavour and can be eaten by itself or to accompany another dish (Would recommend our salt and chilli pepper chicken recipe!).
Servings 1 person
- White rice 75g per person
- Spring Onions
- Handful of peas
- 1 Egg
- Dark soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- Thoroughly rinse rice in cold water to remove starch
- Boil white rice as per instructions on packet. Usually 75g of rice/pp boiling in 300ml of water/pp for 10-12 minutes
- While rice cooks chop mushrooms roughly and either slice spring onions into strips or chop into small circles
- Fry mushrooms until soft and lightly browned and remove from wok
- Drain rice when cooked and add a generous gulp of dark soy sauce. Fry and egg in wok and mix thoroughly to break it up.
- When the egg is solid add the rice, mushrooms, spring onion and peas. Season with salt and pepper, fry on a high heat for 2-3 minutes and serve