This is the first in our three-part recipe series with Dicksons butchers, to support our local food bank in South Shields. Read more out how we’re working together here.
So I’ve always wondered how you how to make runny yolk scotch eggs… Well once again working with a Chef has paid off!
The mighty brain behind the perfect goose fat roastie recipe has once again shared his wisdom!! The way to get that perfectly runny yolk is to boil the eggs for 5 minutes and put them straight into ice water to stop them cooking any further.
Best of all you can make these a day or two before and they still come out with a perfect runny yolk! If you’re a fan of scotch eggs and black pudding these really are a no brainer!
- 400 g Dicksons sausage meat
- 220 g Dicksons black pudding
- 20 g Finely chopped parsley
- 7 Large eggs
- 80 g Breadcrumbs
- 80 g Plain flour
- Mix the sausage meat, black pudding and parsley in a food processor with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until a smooth texture.
- Split into 5 even portions and roll them flat between square sheets of baking paper. Aim for 3-4 mm thick.
- Boil 5 eggs for 6 minutes then add straight to ice water for 10 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and wrap tightly with the meat mix, trimming any excess.
- Dip the wraps in plain flour. Dip the floured parcels in a whisked egg and breadcrumbs twice.
- Deep fry at 170°C for 5 minutes turning regularly.