Beef Short Ribs Oven Recipe
These delicious oven cooked beef ribs are packed full of flavour and will melt in your mouth. If you're looking for the pinnacle of slow-cooked perfection, this is it!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 1.25kg Beef ribs We get ours from Turner & George
- 1 bottle Reds Kansas City BBQ sauce
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Mix all of the herbs together until they are fully blended.
- Evenly cover the beef ribs in the seasoning, ensuring it is fully covered. We got our beef short ribs delivered to our door from Turner and George who we can't recommend enough.
- Place in fridge over night for the flavours to mature.
- Remove the ribs from the fridge an hour before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 120°c for 6 hours.
- Halfway through, baste the ribs in their own juices and lighting spray with a mixture of half water and half Worchester sauce.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and wrap in butchers paper or loosely in tinfoil and leave to sit for between 30 minutes and an hour.
- After they have sat, cover the ribs in your chosen BBQ sauce (We love Red's BBQ sauce) and place under a medium grill for 5 minutes.
- The bones will fall out at this point and you could cut the meat with a spoon. It doesn't get much better than that!