These baguettes are really easy to make and perfect for sandwiches. If you want the best sandwich of your life, then check out our Vietnamese Bahn Mi recipe!
You really can’t beat fresh bread straight out the oven and these baguettes have the perfect crispy outside, with a light fluffy bread inside.
They only take two and a half hours to proof and 20 minutes to cook and they make all the difference.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 180 ml warm water
- 1.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Stir water, yeast and sugar well until all dissolved.
- Add in half flour, like batter mix. Cover for 1 hour until bubbles and double in size.
- Add the second half of flour with a teaspoon of salt. Stir well. Knead well until dough.
- Form into ball and cover and leave for an hour with steaming water in the oven. Should double in size.
- Divide into two balls/portions.
- Flatten, roll from one side, pinch edges and roll out more pressure on little fingers.
- Cover for 30mins to double in size. Slash baguette at 45 degrees, spray with water.
- @ 230C pre-heat tray + tray of hot water (and spray sides of the oven)
- Spray after 10 mins and rotate, then cook for anotehr 10mins.